We are hiring Millwright/Mechanics for our growing client team, based in Brampton, ON! Our client is a leader in innovative and value-added solutions for packaging, hygiene and recovery needs across North America.
Pay Range: $40.68 per hour
Shift: Rotational Day shift from 7:30am-4pm + on-call schedule
Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Install, align take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans and using hand and power equipment.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks and tractors, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
- Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Execute preventative maintenance activities including trouble shooting and repairs to all mill equipment in a timely manner.
- Participate in safety programs and ensure the application of our safety standards for all maintenance operations.
- Work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality, efficiency and availability while minimizing maintenance cost and unscheduled downtime.
What we need from you:
- Must have a valid industrial millwright trade license 433A.
- Experience in manufacturing industry (papermill experience an asset but not mandatory)
- Machining, Tig and Stick welding, Hydraulics, Pneumatics.
- Able to diagnose mechanical problems and expedite repair.
- Good understanding of Occupational Health and Safety regulations and able to work both safely and efficiently.
- Able to work on day shift with rotating weekend schedule (shift rotation and schedule is subject to change with notice).
Benefits & Perks:
- Growth potential: Permanent opportunity
- Excellent benefits and pension pan eligible after 3 months, profit sharing after 1 year.
- Eligibility for tool allowances, gym memberships.
- Starting 3 weeks of vacation (pro-rated).
- Double time paid on Sundays and time and a half on Saturdays.
How to Apply:
If you are a incensed Millwright/Mechanic with exposure in the manufacturing industry, apply today! Positions start ASAP!